Lubbock, Texas – The Tulsa women’s golf team jumped three spots into ninth place in the 15-team field at the Texas Tech Red Raider Invitational Tuesday. The Golden Hurricane carded a final round 300, the fourth best team round of the day, to finish with a score of 914 at the par 72 Rawls Course.
Sophomore Johanna Samuelsson carded the best individual round for the Hurricane with a 1-over par 73 to finish in 15th place with a 7-over par score of 223. Senior Nadia Majidizadeh turned in a 2-over par 74 score Tuesday and finished one stroke behind Samuelsson with a 224 total for 17th place.
A pair of freshmen, Greta Bruner and Taylor Dobson, finished their first collegiate tournament in 33rd and 61st place, respectively. Bruner shot 75 today for a 229 total score. Dobson had three straight rounds of 80 for a final score of 240. Transfer Anneka Strobach’s round of 78 today finished out the top-4 scores in the final round for the Hurricane.
New Mexico State claimed the team title with a score of 880, while Texas Tech’s Gabby Parker won individual medalist honors with a two-under par score of 214.
Tulsa will be in action next at the Furman Lady Paladin, Sept. 23-25, in Greenville, South Carolina.
1. New Mexico State 294-291-295=880
2. Texas Tech 291-297-301=889
3. Oregon 300-291-299=890
4. Augusta 298-297-304=899
5. East Tennessee State 302-303-300=905
T6. Santa Clara 313-297-297=907
T6. Iowa 300-303-304=907
8. Central Arkansas 300-297-316=913
9. Tulsa 305-309-300=914
10. North Florida 312-298-305=915
11. Wichita State 306-308-310=924
12. Cincinnati 307-301-317=925
13. Princeton 298-313-320=931
14. Kennesaw State 308-316-309=933
15. North Texas 317-309-316=942
T15. Johanna Samuelsson 76-75-73=223
T17. Nadia Majidizadeh 73-77-74=224
T33. Greta Bruner 76-78-75=229
T61. Taylor Dobson 80-80-80=240
74. Anneke Strobach 82-wd-78
1. Gabby Barker, Texas Tech 70-73-71=214 (-2)
2. Jessica Ip, Iowa 71-74-70=215 (-1)
3. Lauren Mason, Texas Tech 71-70-77=218 (+2)
T4. Camille Orito, NMSU 75-73-71=219 (+3)
T4. Kennedie Montoya, NMSU 72-73-74=219 (+3)