INDIANAPOLIS – Northeastern State will be the No. 1 seed from the Central Region when the NCAA Division II women’s golf postseason starts Monday at Muskogee Golf Club.
The RiverHawks clinched an automatic berth by winning the MIAA Championship last week. Northeastern State climbed into the region’s top spot before the championship and was second in the poll for the two weeks earlier. It will be NSU’s tenth consecutive regional appearance and 18th in the past 20 years under coach Scott Varner.
Northeastern State will welcome the region’s top-12 teams and six individuals for a three-round tournament. The top four teams and the top four individuals not with a team from each regional will advance to the NCAA Championships May 14-18 in Palm Beach, Fla.
Other Oklahoma teams in the field include Southwestern Oklahoma State, the University of Central Oklahoma, Southern Nazarene University and Oklahoma Baptist University.
The RiverHawks will tee-off at 8:40 a.m. Monday, May 6 with Arkansas Tech and Southwestern Oklahoma.
1. Northeastern State [Mid-American Athletics Association]
2. Arkansas Tech [Great American Conference] 3. Southwestern Oklahoma State
4. Central Missouri
5. Central Oklahoma
6. Henderson State
7. Minnesota State Mankato [Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference] 8. Missouri Western
11. Southern Nazarene
12. Oklahoma Baptist
1. Hannah Hankinson, Augustana (South Dakota)
2. Lexi Hanson, Sioux Falls
3. Hannah Perkins, Fort Hays State
4. Alexandra Demko, Minot State
5. McKayla Poppens, Augustana (South Dakota)
6. Sophia Hill, Concordia-St. Paul