SIOUX FALLS, S.D. – The Oral Roberts’ golf programs swept the Summit League Golfer of the Week accolades Wednesday. Freshman Sarah Bell captured the first weekly accolade of her career on the women’s side, while senior Cody Burrows earned the fifth weekly honor of his career on the men’s side.
Bell opened The Texas State Invitational with a career-low 68 (-4) and finished the 54-hole event tied for seventh with a 215 (-1) total. Her opening round score was the best by a Golden Eagle this season and the second-lowest round by a Summit League golfer.
Burrows, who was also the league’s September and October Male Golfer of the Month during the fall, matched his career-low with a 66 (-6) in the second round of the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate to secure his second runner-up finish of the season. He opened the rain-shortened tournament with a 71 (-1), finishing with a 36-hole total of 137 (-7).
Female Golfer of the Week
Sarah Bell, Oral Roberts
Fr. | Jackson, Mo.
• Earned the first weekly honor of her career
• The top-10 finish was the third of her young career
• Bell has been the top Golden Eagle finisher in four of her six collegiate events
Male Golfer of the Week
Cody Burrows, Oral Roberts
Sr. | Highlands Ranch, Colo.
• Equaled his career-low round established last Spring at the Bubba Barnett Intercollegiate
• Tied for third in Summit League history with seven combined Golfer of the Week/Month honors
• Posted third top-5 finish of the 2018-19