Bass Pro Shops founder and noted conservationist, Johnny Morris, has teamed with golf icon Gary Player to create a world-class short course that will deliver an unparalleled experience for golfers of all skill levels and ages. Winding through breathtaking rock formations and showcasing some of the most dramatic views in the Ozarks, the spectacular Mountain Top Course designed by Gary Player sits high atop the beautiful Ozark Mountains, looming over the Buffalo Ridge course below.
Around it, the Ben Crenshaw-Bill Coore course and the latest course by Tiger Woods are under construction.
The 13-hole routing features multiple tee-box locations to create a variety of different approaches to each hole. This feature allows players the chance to attempt different angled shots as they move around the course to add intrigue or to bring younger players into better position to land on the green. Sight lines and vistas punctuate each hole, while bridges and passage ways make the trip from green to tee box memorable.
- Player and Morris wanted every hole on the walking-only course to feature multiple tee boxes, accommodating golfers of all ages and skill levels, attracting families and experienced players alike.
- Thousands of hours went into pick and shovel excavations that revealed dramatic limestone formations, creating an over-the-top experience that golfers will never forget.
- Mountain Top provides golfers with some of the most stunning views in the region as the backdrop for countless shot variations that challenge the senses of golfers at any level.
- A unique winding bridge connects the third green and fourth tee, bringing players to the edge of the earth by traversing 300-million year old natural rock formations.
- One of the most dramatic arrivals on the course occurs after players leave the ninth green and journey through cave formations where Morris has carved a nature trail through the ancient formations leading to a stunning mountain-top tee complex on hole-10.
- Morris, known for his keen eye for detail, developed the uniquely designed 13th hole. Featuring a green that sits just near the clubhouse, this creates a grand-finale to an already incredible golf experience.
Mountain Top is now accepting tee time reservations through Big Cedar Lodge Reservations, as well as at the Top of the Rock, and Buffalo Ridge pro shops. Pull carts are included in fees. Pre-round complimentary warm up practice balls will be available at Buffalo Ridge.
- Preview Rates (August 31-October 31): Adults – $75, Juniors – $30
- Combination Play Preview Rates: Buffalo Ridge & Mountain Top – $168, Top of the Rock & Mountain Top – $168