The Oklahoma men’s golf team returns to the course at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic on Friday. The three-day, 54-hole tournament will be played Friday-Sunday (Nov. 2-4) at the par-71, 6,700-yard Royal Ka’anapali Course at the Ka’anapali Golf Club in Lahaina, Maui, Hawai’i.
The Sooners claimed the team title at the 2015 Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic. This is OU’s first appearance at the event since 2016, where the Sooners placed fourth.
The 20-team field includes three squads ranked in the top 25 of the latest GolfStat rankings. Clemson is the top-ranked team in the field at No. 9, followed by the No. 11 Sooners and No. 16 Georgia.
OU is back in action after participating in the inaugural Big 12 Match Play Tournament in Hockley, Texas. The Sooners were led by Quade Cummins, who went 4-1 at the Big 12 Match Play Tournament.
The tournament rounds begin Friday with a shotgun start at 2:30 p.m. CT. The Sooner’s lineup at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic will feature senior Blaine Hale, juniors Riley Casey, Cummins and Garett Reband along with freshman Logan McAllister. Senior Brad Dalke and freshman Patrick Welch will compete as individuals.
1. Garett Reband, Junior: Finished second in the Carmel Cup posting a 200 (-16) including two rounds in the 60s…Competed in 10 team events last season … Carded a par-72 after making par on every hole in the first round of the 2018 NCAA Norman Regional finishing the tournament in 11th place.
2. Riley Casey, Junior: Tied for 23rd at Nike Collegiate Invitational with a three-day 214 (+2) … Carded a 65 to finish in the top five at the Carmel Cup at 204 (-12) … Tied for ninth place at the Gopher Invitational with a 54-hole 213 (E).
3. Quade Cummins, RS-Junior: Pick up four match victories at the Big 12 Match Play Tournament… Appeared in 10 events, earning six top-10 finishes last season … Finished third at the NCAA Norman Regional, recording a 54-hole score of 208 (-8) … 2018 Division I PING All-America honorable mention selection … All-Region pick by the GCAA.
4. Logan McAllister, Freshman: Tied for 22nd place with a three-day 213 (-3) at the Carmel Cup in her first appearance as a Sooner … Won the 2016 and 2017 Oklahoma Junior Boys Stroke Play Championship … 2017 Second Team Rolex Junior All-American … Set the course record with a 63 in the second round of the Junior Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass … Finished in a tie for second at the 2017 Junior Players Championship … Won the 2016 AJGA Oak Tree Championship.
5. Blaine Hale, Senior: Won Gopher Invitational in Sept. for first individual win … Shot a 65 in the opening round at the Carmel Cup, tying for 13th at 210 (-6)… Two-time Division I PING All-America honorable mention selection … Competed in 13 team events last season … Tied for 11th at the NCAA Championships to mark the Sooners’ best individual finish at the national tournament since 2012.
Individual: Brad Dalke, Senior: Carded a 69 at the Carmel Cup, finishing in 18th at 211 (-5) to open the season … Named a 2019 Division I PING All-America second-team selection … Competed in 13 team events last season.
Individual: Patrick Welch, Freshman: Four-time Rhode Island Junior Player of the Year … Qualified for the U.S. Amateur on four occasions … Became first four-time Rhode Island Junior Amateur State Champion, surpassing three-time winner and PGA professional Brad Faxon for the record … Plays crossed-handed.
The Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic will be played at the par-71, 6,700-yard Royal Ka’anapali Course at the Ka’anapali Golf Club in Lahaina, Maui, Hawai’i.
Fifty-four holes will be played over three days. Each round will begin at 2:30 p.m. CT with a shotgun start. The Sooners are paired with Sacramento State, South Carolina and Wyoming for the first round.
Friday: Sunny with a high of 86 degrees and wind out of the northeast at 16 mph.
Saturday: Mostly sunny with a high of 85 degrees and wind out of the northeast at 17 mph.
Sunday: Partly cloudy with a high of 84 degrees and wind out of the northeast at 15 mph.
Live scoring will be available at Golfstat.com<http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=teamPlayer&tid=15746>.