INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — The NCAA announced the 2017 Division II Men’s Golf selections with the University of Central Oklahoma, Southwestern Oklahoma State and Northeastern State included in the field.
This is NSU’s 16th overall appearance in the NCAA postseason in the last 18 years, and they are one of 80 teams to have their season extended.
The teams will head to the Awarii Dunes Golf Course in Axtell, Neb. for the Central Regional. Play is set to start on May 8 with one round of 18 holes playing played in each of three days. In order to advance to the NCAA Division II Championship, the teams would need to finish in the top-4. However, it is possible to send an individual with the top-two finishers from non-advancing teams earning a berth to the National Championship.
Awarii Dunes, Axtell, Nebraska; University of Nebraska at Kearney, host.
1. Central Missouri
2. Arkansas Tech
3. Central Oklahoma [AQ]
5. Henderson State [AQ] 6. Southwestern Oklahoma State
8. Northeastern State
10. Minnesota State Mankato [AQ]
1. Parker Klitzke, Augustana
2. Patrick McCarthy, Missouri Western
3. Connor Neil, Missouri Southern
4. Hayden Foster, SE Oklahoma State
1. Missouri-St. Louis
2. Grand Valley State [AQ] 3. Indianapolis
4. Bellarmine [AQ] 5. Ferris State
6. Saginaw Valley State
7. Wayne State (Mich.)
8. Maryville (Tenn.)
10. Trevecca Nazarene [AQ]
1. Keenai Sampson, McKendree
2. Talon Supak, Illinois-Springfield
3. Joel Pietila, Hillsdale
4. Craig Stefureak, Drury