NORMAN – University of Oklahoma Head Women’s Golf Coach Veronique Drouin-Luttrell announced the signing of Sydney Youngblood to a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday. Youngblood, a Durant, Okla., native, will join the Sooners in 2016.
"It’s always nice to have an in-state player who is of her caliber," Drouin-Luttrell said. "It’s exciting for her to finally be on campus next year and be able to hang out and practice the way that we practice. She’s been watching us for the last couple of years at practice and wanting to be part of it, so it’s a big deal to have an in-state golfer. It’s exciting for us moving forward seeing what she can do."
Youngblood is a three-time Oklahoma Class 5A State Champion and has collected 16 tournament wins in her high school career. She is captain of the golf team at Durant High School, where she also excels in the classroom. She is a member of the Oklahoma Honor Society (Top 10 percent of class), the AJGA Scholastic Honor Roll and received the President’s Award for her junior class.
Sydney Youngblood’s Junior Golf Accomplishments:
– 2015 AJGA Hale Irwin Colorado Junior champion
– 2015 USGA Women’s Four-Ball Qualifier medalist
– Member of Team Oklahoma for the 2015 USGA State Team Championship
– 2015 Kathy Whitworth Invitational qualifier
– 2015 Yani Tseng Invitational qualifier
– Placed 26th out of 152 competitors at the 2014 USGA Women’s Amateur Public Links
– Finished fourth at 2014 AJGA Junior at Southwind
– 2014 TJGT Traditions Spring Invitational girls champion
– 2014 WOGA Junior Girls Championship division champion
2013 OJGT John Conrad Labor Day Classic champion
"Sydney will become a great leader on this team at some point," Douin-Luttrell said. "From her family background, she’s the oldest kid so she’s had to have responsibilities. She can bring quite a bit to the table for our team. She’s played really well and she’s very well-rounded, so I’m excited to see what she can do at the collegiate level."