RIDGEDALE, Missouri – With the commitment deadline passed and teams confirmed, the final field is now set for the $2.75 million Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf presented by Bass Pro Shops, which takes place June 4-8 at Top of the Rock, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Design Par-3 golf course, and Buffalo Ridge (formerly Branson Creek), Missouri’s No. 1 public course, designed by Tom Fazio.
One of the longest-running events on the Champions Tour schedule, the newly-named Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf presented by Bass Pro Shops is a two-man team competition conducted over 54 holes using four-ball and alternate-shot formats. This year marks the first time that a PGA TOUR-sanctioned event will be played on a Par-3 course. Following Friday and Saturday rounds at Buffalo Ridge and Top of the Rock (June 6-7), all contestants will play at the nine-hole Top of the Rock in the final round.
This year’s field includes eight World Golf Hall of Fame Members across 42 teams in two divisions – the Champions Division, consisting of 31 teams, and the Legends Division (11 teams) for players ages 65 and older. Thirty-four players in both divisions have won a cumulative 91 PGA TOUR major championships. The field includes multiple Ryder Cup and Presidents Cup captains from the U.S., European and International teams.
The Champions Division includes the 2009 Legends of Golf champions Bernhard Langer/Tom Lehman. Langer is the current leader in the Charles Schwab Cup points standings and the current leading money winner. Other notable teams in the Champions Division include U.S Open champions Tom Watson/Andy North, Masters winners Sandy Lyle/Ian Woosnam, the major championship winning team of Nick Price/Mark O’Meara and 2013 Charles Schwab Cup winner Kenny Perry, paired with fellow Kentucky native Russ Cochran. Defending champion Jeff Sluman, who won the title with Brad Faxon in Savannah last year, will team with Fred Funk this year as Faxon is unavailable due to a prior commitment.
One of the most prominent teams in the Legends Division will be the dynamic pairing of World Golf Hall of Fame legends Jack Nicklaus/Gary Player, who return after teaming in last year’s tournament.
“The Legends of Golf is one of my favorite events to play in each year,” stated Player. “As a two-time winner, I am thrilled to once again tee up with my friend, Jack Nicklaus, at Big Cedar Lodge’s Top of the Rock in what should be a fantastic tournament.”
Lee Trevino/Mike Hill, four-time winners of the Champions Division during the 1990’s, will also compete in the Legends Division.
World Golf Hall of Fame inductee Fred Couples withdrew after the deadline with a lingering back injury. Couples intended to team with Jay Haas, who has finished in the top five in eight of nine starts this season. Haas will now team with fan favorite Peter Jacobsen.
New faces to the tournament this year include Billy Andrade, Tommy Armour III and Steve Lowery. Andrade, a four-time winner on the PGA TOUR, joined the Champions Tour earlier this year and will team with Armour, a two-time champion on the PGA TOUR. Steve Lowery, a winner of three PGA TOUR titles, will pair with Mark Calcavecchia in the Champions Division.
2014 Big Cedar Legends of Golf Presented by Bass Pro Shops Field
1. Allen, Michael (David Frost)
2. Andrade, Billy (Tommy Armour,III)
3. Armour III, Tommy (Billy Andrade)
4. Bean, Andy (Mark McNulty)
5. Mark Brooks (Tom Purtzer)
6. Browne, Olin (Steve Pate)
7. Bryant, Bart (Brad Bryant)
8. Bryant, Brad (Bart Bryant)
9. Calcavecchia, Mark (Steve Lowery)
10. Chapman, Roger (Hale Irwin)
11. Cochran, Russ (Kenny Perry)
12. Cook, John (Joey Sindelar)
13. Crenshaw, Ben (Jerry Pate)
14. Daley, Joe (Doug Tewell)
15. Elkington, Steve (Rocco Mediate)
16. Faldo, Nick (Eduardo Romero)
17. Forsman, Dan (Mike Reid)
18. Frost, David (Michael Allen)
19. Funk, Fred (Jeff Sluman)
20. Gilder, Bob (Bobby Wadkins)
21. Haas, Jay (Peter Jacobsen)
22. Hatalsky, Morris (Don Pooley)
23. Irwin, Hale (Roger Chapman)
24. Jacobs, John (Fuzzy Zoeller)
25. Jacobsen, Peter (Jay Haas)
26. Kite, Tom (Gil Morgan)
27. Langer, Bernhard (Tom Lehman)
28. Lehman, Tom (Bernhard Langer)
29. Levi, Wayne (Scott Simpson)
30. Lowery, Steve (Mark Calcavecchia)
31. Lyle, Sandy (Ian Woosnam*)
32. McNulty, Mark (Andy Bean)
33. Mediate, Rocco (Steve Elkington)
34. Mize, Larry (Hal Sutton)
35. Morgan, Gil (Tom Kite)
36. North, Andy (Tom Watson)
37. O’Meara, Mark (Nick Price)
38. Pate, Jerry (Ben Crenshaw*)
39. Pate, Steve (Olin Browne)
40. Pavin, Corey (Duffy Waldorf)
41. Pernice Jr., Tom (Bob Tway)
42. Perry, Kenny (Russ Cochran)
43. Pooley, Don (Morris Hatalsky)
44. Price, Nick (Mark O’Meara)
45. Tom Purtzer (Mark Brooks)
46. Reid, Mike (Dan Forsman)
47. Roberts, Loren (Mark Wiebe)
48. Romero, Eduardo /(Nick Faldo)
49. Simpson, Scott (Wayne Levi)
50. Sindelar, Joey (John Cook)
51. Sluman, Jeff (Fred Funk)
52. Stadler, Craig (Kirk Triplett)
53. Sutton, Hal (Larry Mize)
54. Doug Tewell (Joe Daley*)
55. Triplett, Kirk (Craig Stadler)
56. Tway, Bob (Tom Pernice, Jr.)
57. Wadkins, Bobby (Bob Gilder)
58. Waldorf, Duffy (Corey Pavin)
59. Watson, Tom (Andy North)
60. Wiebe, Mark (Loren Roberts)
61. Woosnam, Ian (Sandy Lyle)
62. Zoeller, Fuzzy (John Jacobs*)
Legends Division (Ages 65 and older)
1. Baird, Butch (Al Geiberger)
2. Bland, John (Graham Marsh)
3. Colbert, Jim (Jim Thorpe)
4. Coody, Charles (Dale Douglass)
5. Doyle, Allen (Hubert Green)
6. Douglass, Dale (Charles Coody)
7. Eichelberger, Dave (J.C. Snead)
8. Fleisher, Bruce (Larry Nelson)
9. Geiberger, Al (Butch Baird)
10. Graham, David (Tony Jacklin)
11. Green, Hubert (Allen Doyle)
12. Hill, Mike (Lee Trevino)
13. Jacklin, Tony (David Graham)
14. Jacobs, Tommy (Bobby Nichols)
15. Marsh, Graham (John Bland)
16. Nelson, Larry (Bruce Fleisher)
17. Nichols, Bobby (Tommy Jacobs)
18. Nicklaus, Jack (Gary Player)
19. Player, Gary (Jack Nicklaus)
20. Snead, J.C. (Dave Eichelberger)
21. Thorpe, Jim (Jim Colbert)
The tournament kicks off with Mercury Marine pro-am events on Wednesday and Thursday (June 4-5). The two unique pro-am days will feature golf, followed by a multiple sporting event in the afternoon which includes shooting, archery and fishing. Legendary athletes in these additional sports will compete alongside of the players.
The Big Cedar Lodge Legends of Golf presented by Bass Pro Shops will offer something for everyone. Children 17 years of age and younger will be admitted into the grounds at Buffalo Ridge for free with an accompanying ticketed adult. Youth tickets can be picked up onsite at the Admission Gate at the Main Spectator Entrance, on the day of admission.
Fans will also have the opportunity to see sports legends like the all-time great bass fisherman Bill Dance, NASCAR driver Tony Stewart and many more.
To honor the men and women who serve in the armed forces, our American heroes, Bass Pro Shops and Big Cedar Lodge are pleased to offer Retired Veterans, Active Duty, Active Reserve, National Guard, DOD Civilians and their accompanying spouses free daily tickets to Buffalo Ridge golf course events. Tickets may be claimed at the main admission gate tournament week with a valid military ID.
Tickets to the tournament are still available and start at $25. Fans can purchase tickets on the tournament’s website at bigcedarlegends.com or by calling 888-347-4426.