Planning a trip to the iconic Pebble Beach for the 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am offers an unparalleled opportunity to witness top-tier golf amidst one of the world’s most scenic landscapes. This event, now a PGA TOUR Signature Event, is more than just competitive golf; it’s a holistic experience in a locale famed for breathtaking views and historic courses. For those who enjoy a variety of entertainment, much like the thrilling excitement found in online gaming platforms such as https://www.staycasino.bet/en-AU, Pebble Beach in 2024 combines the thrill of top-level golf with the serenity of coastal California.
Whether you’re a golf enthusiast eager to follow the action, a leisure traveler seeking tranquility, or someone looking to indulge in luxury hospitality, this destination offers a blend of world-class golf, exquisite dining, and serene accommodations that await at this prestigious tournament.
Pebble Beach History
The AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am began in 1937 as a friendly Pro-Amateur Golf Championship hosted by Bing Crosby in Rancho Sante Fe, California. Sam Snead won the first tournament, taking home 500. Revived in 1946 at Pebble Beach, the tournament gained prominence and underwent several course changes over the years, including the inclusion of Spyglass Hill in 1967 and later Monterey Peninsula Country Club in 2010.
The event’s status was elevated with AT&T becoming the title sponsor in 1986, leading to significant prize money increases. Notable winners include Phil Mickelson, who has multiple victories including a memorable win in 2012, and Tiger Woods, who won the tournament in 2000 and then the U.S. Open at Pebble Beach later that year. Dustin Johnson also marked his prowess with back-to-back wins in 2009 and 2010.
The tournament has stayed true to its roots of combining golf, camaraderie, and charity, evolving from a casual gathering into a prestigious event in the golfing world.
The 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am promises to be a landmark event in the world of golf, having been elevated to one of the eight Signature Events on the PGA TOUR schedule. This prestigious status comes with a series of notable enhancements to its structure and format, making it a highly anticipated tournament in the golfing calendar
- Signature Event Status: As a Signature Event, the 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am stands alongside other major tournaments, highlighting its importance on the PGA TOUR.
- No Cut Format: Breaking from traditional tournament formats, there will be no cut. This allows players to compete throughout the entirety of the event, offering consistent action for fans and players alike.
- Course Play: The event will be held across two iconic courses. The first two days, Thursday and Friday, will see players at Spyglass Hill Golf Course, renowned for its challenging layout and scenic beauty. The action then continues at Pebble Beach Golf Links for all four days, providing a spectacular backdrop and a world-renowned golfing experience.
- Rewards: The winner of the tournament will receive a substantial 700 FedExCup points. Moreover, the total purse for the event is set at a remarkable 20 million, reflecting the elevated stature and competitiveness of the tournament.
Tickets and Hospitality
The 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am not only offers an exceptional golfing experience but also a range of ticketing and hospitality options to enhance the enjoyment for spectators.
- Digital Tickets: Reflecting the modern approach to event management, all tickets for the 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am are digital, streamlining the admission process. This move towards digital tickets also aligns with contemporary trends in event hosting.
- Commemorative Souvenir Ticket: For those seeking a tangible memento of their experience, there’s an option to purchase a commemorative souvenir ticket. This special ticket is available during the checkout process on Ticketmaster and will be shipped post-tournament in a custom magnetic protective folder.
- Access to Courses: General admission tickets provide access to both Spyglass Hill Golf Course and Pebble Beach Golf Links on the days when play is scheduled.
- Scheduled Days: The tickets cater to various interests – from practice rounds to intense tournament play. Specific days are dedicated to different types of rounds, offering flexibility and variety to spectators.
Military & First Responder Tickets
- Complimentary Access: In recognition of their service, active, reserve, and retired military, veterans, national guard, and first responders are eligible for complimentary tickets. This gesture underlines the tournament’s commitment to honoring those who serve.
- Patriots’ Outpost Access: Included with these complimentary tickets is access to the Patriots’ Outpost, a special venue located at the 3rd fairway at Pebble Beach, enhancing the experience for these honored guests.
Honorary Observer Experience
- Inside the Ropes: For those seeking an exclusive and immersive experience, the Honorary Observer Experience allows spectators to walk inside the ropes alongside PGA TOUR players. This premium offer provides a close-up view of the playing conditions and a front-row seat to the action of the tournament.
The combination of digital convenience, varied ticketing options, exclusive hospitality experiences, and special access for military and first responders make attending the 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am a comprehensive and memorable event for all golf enthusiasts.
When planning a golf getaway to Pebble Beach, the experience is not just about the courses you play but also where you stay and dine. Each element of your trip, from the lush fairways to the luxurious accommodations and dining, contributes to a memorable golfing holiday.
Where to Golf
Tucked inside the gates of Pebble Beach, Poppy Hills offers a tranquil retreat within the ancient Del Monte Forest. The forest envelopes you as you navigate the course, with occasional ocean vistas and the distant sound of barking seals. The course, known for its large greens, was revamped in 2014 to be more player-friendly, especially for members of the Northern California Golf Association.
Bayonet and Blackhorse
Once part of the Fort Ord military base, these two courses sit on a hill above Monterey. Their quick-draining soil is a boon during wet conditions. Bayonet and Blackhorse are as well-maintained as the more prestigious Pebble Beach courses, offering stunning views without the steep greens fees. These courses are perfect for a leisurely walk, setting the stage for a delightful dinner afterward.
Known colloquially as the “poor woman’s Pebble Beach,” Pacific Grove Municipal Golf Course is a budget-friendly option that doesn’t skimp on the Pebble Beach experience. The back nine, running along the dunes, is particularly noteworthy, offering a challenging game, especially on windy days.
Where to Stay
Quail Lodge & Golf Club
This garden-style resort is a serene haven located just five miles from Carmel-By-The-Sea. The resort is adjacent to a beautiful golf course and has recently updated rooms that exude luxury. If you’re pressed for time, the nine-hole putting course near the accommodations is a must-try.
For those who enjoy quaint lodgings, the Briarwood Inn in Carmel-by-the-Sea offers comfort and variety in room layouts. Guests can start their day with a fresh continental breakfast and wind down with an evening sherry hour. The inn’s proximity to Ocean Avenue makes it ideal for exploring the town and its scenic surroundings.
Carmel Mission Inn
Presenting itself as a boutique hotel, the Carmel Mission Inn is a renovated chain hotel offering comfortable rooms, a small pool, and a convenient location at the mouth of Carmel Valley. Opt for the bed-and-breakfast package to enjoy a full breakfast buffet, setting you up perfectly for a day on the greens.
Where to Eat
Roy’s at Pebble Beach
Situated at the Inn at Spanish Bay, Roy’s offers a scenic ocean-side dining experience. The glass-enclosed restaurant is ideal for enjoying a meal alone or in company, with signature dishes and an acclaimed mai tai on the menu.
The Tap Room at the Lodge at Pebble Beach
This cozy, paneled restaurant is a haven for windswept golfers. Its walls are adorned with old photos and memorabilia, adding to its charm. The food, though pricey, is worth every penny for its quality and portion sizes.
Far more than just a café, this Carmel establishment boasts a diverse Mediterranean menu and a heated terrace overlooking the street. Known for its value and warm service, the Treehouse Cafe is a hidden gem in the area.
Add a Side Trip
If the coastal fog sets in, a drive inland along Carmel Valley Road is a delightful diversion. Golfers will appreciate the Carmel Valley Ranch resort course, designed by Pete and Alice Dye. Further along, Carmel Valley Village offers wine tasting, charming shops, and typically sunny skies.
In planning your trip to the 2024 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, you’re not just attending a golf tournament, but embarking on a memorable journey. This prestigious event, rich in history and a showcase for top golf talent, offers much more than just the thrill of the game. With its stunning courses like Spyglass Hill and Pebble Beach Golf Links, and a total purse of $20 million, it’s a celebration of golf at its finest.
Beyond the greens, the experience is enhanced by exceptional hospitality options, from digital ticketing to exclusive experiences like the Honorary Observer Experience. The array of accommodations ranges from luxurious resorts to charming inns, each offering a unique taste of California’s coastal charm. Culinary delights abound, with options like Roy’s at Pebble Beach and the cozy Treehouse Cafe.
In essence, your trip to Pebble Beach in 2024 is set to be an unforgettable blend of sporting excellence, leisure, and scenic beauty, making it an ideal getaway for golf enthusiasts and casual travelers alike.