STILLWATER, Okla. – No. 7 Oklahoma State women’s golf is set to return to action this week for The Bruzzy at the Waterchase Golf Club in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Cowgirls won the individual and team titles at this event in 2021 when it was played at the Lantana Golf Club in Argyle, Texas. Lianna Bailey’s individual title at the event marked the second of her Cowgirl career.
The 54-hole tournament is set to tee off Monday with an 8:30 a.m. shotgun start for the first 36 holes, followed by the final 18-hole round on Tuesday at the par-72, 6,277-yard layout.
The 14-team tournament features Big 12 opponents Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech in addition to North Texas, Charlotte, Houston, Tulane and Tulsa. Eight of the 14 teams are ranked, according to the latest golfstat rankings.
In addition to The Bruzzy, four Cowgirls are set to compete as individuals in the ORU Spring Invite at The Club at Indian Springs (River Course) in Broken Arrow, Okla. Emma Whitaker, Ashton Begley, Angelica Pfefferkorn and Jenna Solheim will attack the par-72, 6,136-yard course.
Tournament action will start Monday with two 18-hole rounds before concluding Tuesday with the final 18 holes. Arkansas State, Little Rock, Missouri State, Oral Roberts, Stephen F. Austin, UT Arlington, Western Texas College and Wichita State will compete as teams while OSU and Tulsa will have individuals in the field.
The ORU Spring Invite will start with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, weather depending.
HOW TO FOLLOW
- Live scoring for both tournaments will be available on golfstat.com and the team’s social media as they become available.
THE LAST TIME OUT
- The Cowgirls beat Oklahoma, 3-2-0, in the Red Raider Match Play Event.
- OSU has yet to finish a tournament outside the top-3 in the standings after winning its first four tournaments to start the year.
THE COWGIRLS (At The Bruzzy)
- Han-Hsuan Yu has six tournament appearances this season for the Cowgirls, with an average score of 71.83 in her 18 rounds. She’s notably finished in the top-10 in three-straight tournaments (ICON Invitational, Florida Gators Invitational and Mountain View Collegiate).
- In her nine appearances for Oklahoma State this season, Maddison Hinson-Tolchard has averaged a score of 70.79 in 24 rounds of work in her sophomore season. She notably won the Rapsodo Match In the Desert back on Jan. 23 and has recorded eight top-20 finishes.
- Hailey Jones recorded her first collegiate tournament win at the Dale McNamara Invitational this season. Jones has carded a 72.94 scoring average in seven tournament appearances.
- Rina Tatematsu is set to return to the Cowgirl lineup after a pair of tournaments outside of OSU’s schedule. She most recently competed in the Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship after a trip to Thailand.
- Lianna Bailey has traveled with the Cowgirls to seven tournaments this season with an average score of 73.00 in 20 rounds. She’s earned four top-20 finishes and four rounds in the 60s.