Former Oklahoma State star Maddie McCrary and former Sooner Anne Catherine Tanquay are taking part over the next two weeks in the LPGA qualifying Q Series, a marathon eight-round event at Pinehurst, N.C., in which the top 45 finishers and ties will earn status on the LPGA Tour in 2019.
- Individuals will compete in a 144-stroke play format over two, four-day tournaments for a purse of $150,000
- There is no cut and the unofficial prize money will be distributed at the event’s completion
- The first week of Q-Series will be contested on the George and Tom Fazio-designed Pinehurst Course No. 6 from Oct. 24-27
- The second week of Q-Series will be contested on the Rees Jones-designed Pinehurst Course No. 7 from Oct. 31-Nov. 3
- Action gets underway at 7:50 a.m. ET in the first four rounds
Last week several other players with Oklahoma ties did not advance to the Q Series in the second round of LPGA Qualifying School but will have a chance to play on the Symetra Tour in 2019.
Former Oklahoma State star Kenzie Niesen tied for 61st in the Stage Two qualifier at 4-over, Yujeong Son of NOrman tied for 69th at 5 over, former Sooner Julienne Soo tied for 79th at 6 over and former Sooner Rylee Pedigo tied for 93rd at 8 over.