Venue: Scarlet Course · Columbus, Ohio
Live Stats: golfstat.com
What 2 Watch 4
• Oklahoma State’s men’s golf team will look to add to its NCAA-best total of 15 regional titles when it begins play at the NCAA Columbus Regional on Monday.
• The Cowboys will be the top seed in the field and will be looking to advance to Grayhawk Golf Club for the NCAA Championship, which will be contested May 27-June 1.
• Seniors Eugenio Chacarra and Aman Gupta as well as junior Brian Stark and sophomores Jonas Baumgartner and Bo Jin comprise the lineup. Senior Rasmus Neergaard-Petersen will be the substitute.
• The Cowboys will begin their first round at 7:30 a.m. (EST) and will be grouped with Georgia Tech and Arkansas.
• The 54-hole event will be contested Monday through Wednesday at the Scarlet Course (par 71, 7,422 yards) in Columbus, Ohio.
• Thirteen teams and 10 individuals not on those teams will compete at each of three regionals while the other three regionals will have 14 teams and five individuals not on those teams. The low five teams and the low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals.
OSU In Regional Play
• The Cowboys have 15 NCAA regional titles to their credit, which are six more than any other team in the country.
• The Cowboys have won five consecutive regionals after their victory last season on their home course, Karsten Creek.
• The Cowboys, who have advanced to the NCAA Championship 73 of a possible 74 times, also have 11 regional medalists overall with the most recent being Kristoffer Ventura in 2016 in Stillwater.
Painting The Scarlet Course Orange
• The Scarlet Course has been a home away from home of sorts for the Cowboys. OSU has competed in five regionals at the famed layout. OSU owns victories in 1990 and 2018.
• OSU finished third in 1993, fourth in 1999 and second in 2008.
• Additionally, three of OSU’s 11 national championships have been won on the course (1980, 1987, 1995).
Current Cowboys In Regional Play
• Bo Jin earned a runner-up finish last season as a freshman at Karsten Creek, while Aman Gupta tied for 14th place. Jonas Baumgartner played the first round before Brian Stark substituted in and played the final 36 holes.
• As a member of the Wake Forest squad in 2019, Eugenio Chacarra tied for sixth place at the NCAA Myrtle Beach Regional. Last year he shared third place at Karsten Creek.
• The Cowboys are ranked second in both the Golfweek/Sagarin Ranking and the Golfstat ranking.
• Cowboy assistant coach Donnie Darr finished second at the 1993 NCAA Regional at Scarlet Course, helping his Kent State squad to a 13-shot victory.
• OSU head coach Alan Bratton competed at the 1993 regional and was an integral part of the Cowboys’ 1995 national championship squad, which took down Stanford in a playoff.
• Bratton captured an individual regional title of his own in 1995.
• Former Cowboy Kevin Tway became the first-ever player to win three regional titles with his victories in 2008, 2009 and 2011.