INDIANAPOLIS – Oklahoma State’s men’s golf team will be the top seed in the NCAA Columbus Regional it was announced today by the NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Committee. The tournament will be hosted at Ohio State’s Scarlet Course.
The Cowboys have won two regional titles in a row after their victory in Austin, Texas a year ago. Overall, OSU leads the NCAA with 12 regional titles and has advanced to the NCAA Championship 70 times in the 71-year history of the program.
Additionally, the Cowboys have produced 11 regional medalists with their most recent being Kristoffer Ventura two years ago.
Six 54-hole regional tournaments will be conducted May 14-16. Thirteen teams and 10 individuals not on those teams will compete at each of three regionals while the other three regionals will have 14 teams and five individuals not on those teams. The low five teams and the low individual not on those teams from each regional will advance to the finals.
Team and individual
Teams (seeded in the following order)
1. Oklahoma State
2. Illinois [Big Ten Conference] 3. Texas Tech
4. UNLV [Mountain West Conference] 5. Wake Forest
7. Penn State
11. Michigan State
12. Yale [The Ivy League] 13. Cleveland State [Horizon League]
1. Kyle Mueller, Michigan
2. Matthew Naumec, Boston College
3. Alex Schaake, Iowa
4. Patrick Flavin, Miami (Ohio)
5. David Kocher, Maryland
6. Daniel Wetterich, Ohio State
7. Peter Knade, Maryland
8. Jacob Poore, Northern Kentucky
9. Zach Schroeder, Indiana University-Purdue University, Fort Wayne
10. Nick Wilkins, Morehead Statemedalist titles will be decided May 25-30 at Karsten Creek Golf Club in Stillwater.
OSU Golf Club, Scarlet Course – Columbus, Ohio Hosted by The Ohio State University